Rural Residential

Planning to subdivide a parcel of land? Develop residential lots? Simply looking to enjoy the country life on an acreage?

Rocky REA is your rural power expert.

As a rural based, rural focused power distributor, we will work with you to assess load requirements, expedite installation planning and facilitate construction.

Rocky REA also offers a competitive Capital Assistance Program, designed mitigate initial costs.

To energize a new service, we require notice from our member as well as a copy of the electrical permit.

Rural Farm, Commercial, Industrial

When developing in a rural area serviced by Rocky REA, you can take advantage of membership in one of the largest member-owned utility companies in Canada.

Rocky REA staff will work with you to:

  • realistically assess your requirements
  • review the anticipated load profile
  • provide cost estimates
  • produce an engineering plan
  • provide or facilitate construction and installation from start to finish

Be sure to check out our Capital Assistance Program.

Service Changes

Rocky REA members can upgrade or downgrade their service size as required.

Please note that there is a cost to perform these changes and that distribution rates are based on breaker sizes.

For all questions regarding upgrades or downgrades of services, please call our office at 310-POWR (7697).


New Service Request

Download the New Service Request form

New Service Request

New Service Request

Capital Assistance Program

Are you a developer of a new business? Relocating to rural Alberta from a large urban area?

Our Capital Assistance Program provides you with options that can help you reduce your initial investment and benefit from the advantages of belonging to a member-owned utility company.

Ask our estimators to discuss how your development can benefit from the program